Friday, August 7, 2009

Resting - but I feel so restless!

Last weekend, in my training for a marathon, I had an injury in my foot due to running on an uneven course. I could not walk without being in pain, and my training took a backseat during this recovery. According to my Team in Training schedule, I was supposed to put in a 50 minute run on Sunday, a 60 minute on Tuesday and another 40 on Thursday. So far, this week, I was able to get in about a 20 minute swim on Sunday and a painful 30 minute run on Wednesday. I feel like I could more. I am conditioned to do other things like bike, but I have been occupying my time doing other things right now. After all, I did have a new Kindergartener start school this week, and adjust the family to a new schdule of events.

Though I am doing the right things in letting this injury heel, I just want things to get back to normal and put in my time like I wished I could this week. I realized, after Wednesday, how much I wanted this, and how much I wanted to continue with my goal in completeing a marathon. I have found myself eating more of the unnecessary things like cookies and sweets during my down time, which not good for anyone, even though I think I am a mighty athlete and can burn it right off (which has not been the case this week).

Anyway, at least I am relaxing a bit and enjoying my Kindergartener grow and my youngest adapt to not having her big sister around. So there could be some benefit to not running around right now.

No comments: