Saturday, July 26, 2008

The delicate balance of life - how to make it all work!!

I know this is a very popular topic for everyone, working, raising a family and having a LIFE. There are blogs all over the internet about it, and something I am constantly thinking about, since it is a huge concern of mine.

Working full-time, being a mom of two young children, and try to litter my time in between extracurriculars is something everyone has in common. I am contantly making that balance in finding out what exactly is most important first (First things first as taught in Covey training). Find out was the most important thing is first and everything will follow. Yeah RIGHT!! If my kids are sick, or if some other dire emergency come up, putting them first and putting my job and extracurriculars second could be hard to chew. Having other commitments outside of what is most important (health and well being of my children) would tip that balance of job security, and other personal goals (oops, can't do my 3 mile run today and train for that 10k in a couple of months). It is all so delicate and explains who we are and we think is important, right?

Another think I am struggling with is keeping up with chores around the house. I don't have it in my budget to hire a maid, so we fill our weekends with cleaning the house, doing laundry, cooking, etc on top of our girls activities. I think the fact that I have not been keeping up with my blog is a mere fact that I have beein putting other priorities first. If I had the time to do everything I want to get done, it would be a miracle!!

I would love to hear suggestions on people's time saving tips they have around the house. Maybe it will make my life easier, not to mention other readers!!

No comments: